- Place the cursor in your Word document where you want to insert a signature.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Select Signature Line. The option is marked by the red arrow
- A menu will appear.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Select OK.
- A signature line now appears in your Word doc.
- When you’re ready, share the document with the person from which you’re requesting the signature.
Instructions for Filling Out PDF Signature Line in Microsoft Word
If you are the person receiving the document, these are the steps to follow to complete a signature.
- Once you have opened the document, you will be notified at the top menu bar with a yellow alert bar that states that this document requires a signature.
- In the yellow alert bar, select View Signatures.
- To add your signature, double click next to the “X.”
- A Sign box will appear where you can type you name out to use as your signature, or you can upload an image you might have stored on your computer.
- When you are ready to sign, click Sign.